Monday, September 14, 2009

Dream Maker


Ask anyone I know and they will tell you that I am a dreamer. I've always had a vision for a better life no matter what the circumstances are. Some may say that I am a hopeless optimist, but I happen to disagree because I am living proof that dreams really do come true.

Earlier this year I was given a pink slip from my job as a pharmaceutical sales rep. I was one of thousands of people who were laid off and on that day countless friends of mine were let go in the process. It's a strange and scary feeling to have when you don't know what the future holds. I believed that I would be o.k. and that eventually I would find my way but it was definitely a process. My ego was slightly wounded to say the least but eventually I made a decision to be self sufficient. When I think back on that day which was almost 9 months ago it's hard to believe how much I have accomplished since then.

My faith in God and an unwavering commitment to bettering myself has kept me going for the past nine months. I tried lots of things in the process but ultimately I decided that my next venture would involve something that I am passionate about....hair, specifically hair products.

That's how Apala Beauty was created! It was created right in my own kitchen. At the time I really didn't give it any thought until family members and friends kept telling me that I should think about starting my own haircare business. I stepped out on faith and haven't looked back since. I hope that I can be an inspiration for someone who may be trying to fulfill their dreams.

Until next time....Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment